Saturday, July 23, 2011

Together, alone.

I first met her in the deserted corridors of my school. We sat on the dusty steps leading up to the library and read a book which told a tale of a young man who fell in love with a fairy.

From far away, I could hear the squeaks of delight from children who played on the grounds, under the summer sun.

We met again - Under the giant oak tree near the deserted basketball court. At the corner seat of our library, behind the book shelf from where I could see the radio tower in a distance, majestic and alone.

I guess I was in love with her. One day, she broke my heart.

"I have many lovers", she squeezed my hand and said, "but call me any time, I'll be there for you."

I thought she was bluffing me, but she wasn't.

Like the quintessential genie, she materialized whenever I wanted her to.Those were lovely moments. I hated people when they butted in and spoiled our heaven.

Time went on.

One day I squeezed her hand, just like how she had done to me years back. It was payback time.

"I have some lovers now too", I said with a smirk. "Still I love you."

"I will excuse you", she teased. As she stood up, her hair brushed against my cheeks. "Don't forget me"

We didn't see for a while. In fact, I didn't think of her. I was too busy to do so.

Several friendships, love affairs and years later, one rainy evening, I thought of her. There was one near me other than a cup of steaming coffee.

She didn't fail me. Immediately, I felt her soft hands hug me from behind and her moist lips on my neck.

"How have you been, my darling?", she whispered, flirtatiously.

I pulled her around and looked into her eyes.

"The time without you", I said, "it wasn't worth it."

I kissed her on the lips.

Breathless, I looked into her eyes. She looked at me coolly, as if she had seen all this before.

"I love you", I said, "I love you, My dear Goddess of Solitude"

In reply, she just held me tight, silently.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger